Are you concerned about the performance of your small business website? Fixing your website can be difficult if you decide to take shortcuts. First, you need to understand the significance of a good business website. If a small business does not have a functional website, it will not succeed. Websites are becoming the lifeline for the success of any small business. So, if you decide to build a website, how should you do it? Certain things can help you in creating the best website.
Add New Content or Update the Previous?
There are two ways in which you can build a well-performing website. Either you can fix the existing content or add fresh content. Doing certain SEO activities will not be enough. You have to think out of the box to satisfy your client. You can start by going through the existing content of the website. If the information is difficult to read and outdated, modify it. If not, try to fix it as much as possible. If you want to be the first choice out of million results, you need to address the fundamental problems. Doing some SEO is not going to make any website stand out.
Before initiating any website fixing process, evaluate the budget requirements for the website upgrade. If your budget is limited, try to bring creative solutions within it. In case you are interested in renewing the existing content, you need to fix two things:
- The website contents
- The technical problems at the backend of the website
Add up-to-date content
When people try to fix their business websites, they usually add a lot of new content. That is a big mistake. You have to be creative while creating content for any website. Check the existing content and address its issues rather than building new content. Allocate equal resources to the upgradation of existing content. How many times are you going to update the content for your website? There is no simple answer to this question. You just need to consider the topic of the website. Just concentrate on three things while updating the content.
Add Timeless Topics
Before changing any information, see if your topic needs any modification in its relevant content. Specific topics on your website do not require any updates for years. Because their related information remains the same. What you can do with such webpage topics is focus on their optimization. Working on the blog/article topics according to their nature will help you save time.
The Modifiable Queries
Some specific topics need constant updates. For example, if your website discusses a social or political event, what will you do with it? So for such cases, you need to add the newest content related to the latest queries and developments. Try adding up-to-date information for keywords to keep the website in the top search results.
“Your Money or Your Life” Topics
Suppose your website discusses a topic deemed as YMYL; check the Search Quality Rater guidelines given by Google. The web pages presenting medical or financial advice YMYL topics are held to a higher standard by Google. Therefore, the addition of new content is not always the optimal path. Every time, take an understanding of the topic before updating its information. Also, focus on user experience and try to improve it by organizing the content on your website. Formulate a strategy to get maximum value from SEO.
How to change an outdated website?
Try to change the outdated look of the website. The next thing you can do is analyze if the website is user-friendly. The performance of your website must deliver an excellent user experience. You can take care of several fundamentals to increase the traffic to your website.
- Start with creating an efficient and clean code. Why do you need to do this? You need to make it spider-friendly. Your streamlined code will allow more spiders to enter the website.
- Then you need to focus on the content management system. If you update the things inside it, you can eliminate SEO problems. Try WordPress, as it is a famous and up-to-date CMS for websites.
- Now, pay attention to the speed of your website. If your webpage gets stuck or takes more time to load, it will negatively affect the user experience.
- Make sure that your website is device-friendly. As many of your website visits will be from a cell phone, your website should respond to mobile and desktop users.
- For the design, add modern trends and functionality. Also, keep updating the user interface every three years.
- Work on the server diagnostic reports. If you get diagnostic reports on time, you can fix the errors and develop the user experience.
- You need to update all plugins as well to counter security issues.
- XML sitemaps are significant for your website. Through XML sitemap, you can inform search engines about the videos and images of your website.
- You can also use 301 redirects to improve the user experience. 301s help prevents error pages and adds relevant content.
- Use fully qualified URLs beginning with “HTTPS.”. This will fix various crawl issues on your website. Also, add canonical tags to resolve duplicate content problems.
Small business websites do not just need cosmetic appeal but a good user experience as well. SEO professionals can help you out in fixing your website. Professional SEO Cambridge expert, Convex Studio, will help you resolve the fundamental problems of your website. You will get not only professional advice but help from highly skilled SEO experts. Transform your business website with us within your desired budget.
Convex Studio provides the best quality and high-performing SEO services in Cambridge, Ontario. Contact us today to get started.